Terms and Conditions Concerning NITORI Membership Service
- The term “NITORI Members” refers to Membership service provided by NITORI Co., Ltd. (“NITORI”) and NITORI Group companies (hereinafter referred to as “Group companies” and collectively referred to as the NITORI Group) for individuals in Japan.
- The terms “Members” refers to an individual (excluding elementary school children or younger) who has registered for the NITORI Membership Service and NITORI Group has approved admission (the “Membership Registration”) after agreeing to NITORI Membership Terms and Conditions (“This Agreement”).
- Online shop of the NITORI Group refers to the online shop service managed and operated by NITORI Group.
- NITORI Group’s “Application” shall mean an application for iPhone/Android Terminal equipment (“Terminal Equipment”) provided by NITORI Group.
2. Application Terms
- This Agreement shall apply to Members who has agreed to This Agreement and applied for the NITORI Membership Service. Read This Agreement carefully prior to applying for the Membership. NITORI Group may change This Agreement without notifying the Members when the changes made in This Agreement, the changed Agreement, and the timing of the change is posted on NITORI’s corporate website, and on NITORI Group’s company corporate websites, and thereafter the revised Agreement shall apply.
3. Matters to be Observed by the Member when using NITORI Membership Services
- Members shall be responsible for managing Membership Card and NITORI Group’s online Membership Certificates, Application Membership Certificates, official LINE Membership Certificates (“Digital Membership Certificates”) and passwords. NITORI Group shall not be responsible for any damages to Members due to unauthorized use by any third party.
- The Membership Card and Digital Membership Certificates may only be used by the registered Member, and may not be leased, transferred, pledged, or inherited by any third party.
4. NITORI Membership registration and expenses
The procedures for registering for NITOR Membership Service are as follows. Enter valid and accurate information upon registration. NITORI Group shall not be liable for any damage caused by any falsity or error in the registered information. Minor customers must be registered with the consent of their guardians. NITORI Membership Service fee and annual Membership fee are free of charge. However, the customer shall bear the communication costs for registering for Membership via the Internet and displaying Membership data.
- Registration from NITORI Membership Card Application Form
Please confirm This Agreement on the back of the “NITORI Membership Application Form” at domestic NITORI Group stores and other certified NITORI Group’s target stores (“Target Stores”) and register after completing the required fields of the application form. By completing the above process, registration will be complete, and the Membership Card will be issued. The Membership Card shall be lent, and the possession thereof shall be remained in NITORI.
- Registration from NITORI Group’s online shop, application, or official LINE
Follow the specified procedures from the “New Membership Registration” for each service to complete the Membership registration. If the registration is incomplete and Membership is in a temporary state, Membership benefits stated below in 5 will not be accepted.
5. Details of NITORI Membership Benefits and Methods of Provision
- Membership benefits include receiving Membership points that can be used when purchasing products through NITORI Group stores, online shop and Target Stores, as well as the benefits that are limited to the NITORI Members that are specified from time to time. The contents of Membership benefits may be changed or abolished without prior notice.
- Members may receive points by logging in and purchasing through NITORI Group’s online shop or by presenting Membership Card or Digital Membership Certificate prior to payment at NITORI Group’s store and Target stores in Japan. Points will only be awarded to cards and certificates issued by NITORI Group and are not awarded by presenting membership card summary application or screen shots of the certificates. In principle, points will not be awarded when purchase is made without logging in to NITORI Group’s online shop or when the Membership Card or Digital Membership Certificate is not presented during check out. Provided, however, points will be awarded only if the purchase details and the Membership Card or Digital Membership Certificate is brought to the store service counter on the day of the settlement.
- Group companies of NITORI Group shall grant points according to the amount of purchase. The rate of points granted differs depends on the company, or points may not be granted. Fractions of the purchase amount of less than 100 yen, service charges and delivery charges other than the products shall not be eligible for the points.
- The accumulated points shall be one (1) point per yen and may be used in part or in whole for the purchase of products. The points used will be deducted from the total points after use. The accumulated points may not be exchanged for cash or gift certificates, etc.
- After logging in 1-2 days after the points are added, points can be used by presenting the Membership Card or Digital Membership Certificate at the store cash register or shopping at NITORI Group’s online shop. To use points on the Digital Membership Certificate, the registration of the Membership information must be completed.
- The balance of accumulated points can be confirmed on the receipt at the time of purchase or on the Digital Membership Certificate 1-2 days after the date of the award or use of points. In addition, it is not possible to disclose the history of past points used.
- The expiration date of points added from January 1 to December 31 of the same year shall be December 31 of the following year, and any points not used before the expiration date shall be invalidated.
- If a purchased product is returned, the Company shall administer the points and payment for the returned goods as explained below after the Member has presented the Membership Card and the receipt received at the time of purchase:
- The points added at the time of purchase for the merchandise in question will be deducted.
- When a product purchased using points is returned, any points that were used to purchase will be restored.
- According to other methods prescribed by the NITORI Group.
- Points may not be transferred from the Corporate Membership Service “NITORI Corporate Membership Service” to NITORI Membership Card or Digital Membership Certificate or vice versa.
- The Company may confirm the identity of the registered person in charge when receiving the Membership benefits. If the identity of the Member cannot be confirmed, the Company may decline to grant or use Membership benefits.
- Membership benefits such as Membership points may not be awarded due to natural disasters, computer system failures and etc.
6. Password Management of Membership Cards and Digital Membership Certificates
- Members shall be responsible for managing passwords for the Membership Card and Digital Membership Certificates. In the event where any Membership Card is lost, stolen or damaged, or any points or Membership benefits are sued by any third party due to administrative problems of the Membership Card, NITORI Group shall not be responsible for such use, nor shall any Membership Card be re-loaned (reissued) or a Digital Member Certificates be reissued, except when there was a willful misconduct or gross negligence on the part of NITORI Group.
- In the event of any loss, theft or damage to the Membership Card or any administrative problems related to the Digital Membership Certificate or passwords, Members shall promptly notify NITORI Group. In this case, the Membership application procedure may be applied for as a new Member.
- Applicable points may be transferred to the new card, only upon the request of the Member, to whom the preceding paragraph apply, and applicable Member number has points remaining on the card. For the points transfer procedure, 10. Identity Confirmation, must be made.
- Upon completion of the transition procedure, the old Member number will be null and void.
7. Change of Membership Information
In the event of any change in the registered information, such as Member’s name, address, and telephone number, please change it from My page of NITORI Group’s online shop or Application. The change of name shall mean a change of surname or name, and the change of name shall not be permitted for the transfer of Membership qualifications. In some Target stores, the change procedure may take some time.
8. Handling of Membership data
- Personal information such as Member’s name, address, and telephone number, usage, access, purchase history and such of NITORI Group’s stores, online shop and Target stores (“Member information”) shall be carefully managed by NITORI Group’s stores, online shop and Target stores.
- NITORI Group’s stores, online shop and Target stores handle the personal information of Member in accordance with the Private Policy
Personal Information Protection Policy
- Member information shall not be used for any purpose other than the purpose of use set forth in Article 9 below and shall not be provided to any third party for use jointly with NITORI Group and the Business Allied Company.
- Upon receipt of an application from a Member person to change, correct, or disclose or discontinue the use of personal information, the Company shall respond to such request within a reasonable period of time after confirming the identity of such person in accordance with the prescribed procedures.
9. Purpose of Member Information
The Company may use Member information for the following purposes:
- Create a contract in regard to the products from our company, oversee the details after the contract period, and provide after-care services.
- To deliver products
- For Membership registration and withdrawal procedures for NITORI Membership and identification
- To be available for questions and concerns
- To contact the Member in regard to recalls and other product defect information
- For information on products and services and campaigns
- For the planning and development of products and for the conduct of questionnaire surveys or monitoring surveys and other marketing activities.
- To contact for business meetings
- Other items besides #1-7, with prior permission from Member
10. Identification Confirmation
- The use of Membership benefits, validity period of points, balance of the remaining points, as well as the identity of Member in the event of inquiry, change, amendment, or withdrawal from Membership, shall be determined through the presentation of the Membership Card/ Digital Member Certificate or by logging in to NITORI Group’s online shop.
- When using telephone or other means of communication, Membership number, registered telephone number, and verbal name shall be used to confirm the identity.
- When necessary, the Company may require the submission of identification documents.
11. Forfeiture of Membership Qualifications
- Members shall forfeit their Membership qualification when any of the following paragraphs apply:
- When having violated the various rules and regulations stipulated by NITORI, such as This Agreement.
- When Member has passed away.
- When having committed acts that infringe the proprietary rights, privacy rights, intellectual property rights, or any other right or interest of NITORI Group or any third party.
- Engagement in criminal act, an act against public order and morals, or any other act in violation of laws and regulations.
- If the customer is found to be a member of an organized crime group or 5 years have not yet passed since leaving an organized crime group, a quasi-member of an organized crime group, a related company or association of an organized crime group, racketeer groups, groups engaging in criminal activities under the pretext of conducting social or political campaigns, crime groups specialized in intellectual crimes or any other person equivalent thereto
- The Customer becomes insolvent or files a petition for the commencement of bankruptcy proceedings, commencement of civil rehabilitation proceedings, commencement of corporate reorganization proceedings, commencement of special liquidation proceedings, or commencement of similar proceedings;
- If the Customer is adjudicated for commencement of guardianship, commencement of curatorship, or commencement of assistance;
- Where the Customer is either a minor, an adult ward, a person under curatorship, or a person under assistance and has not obtained the consent of a legal representative, guardian, curator, or assistant
- If the Member fails to respond to a NITORI Group’s inquiry or other request for response for 30 days or more.
- At other times the Company has judged an individual to be ineligible as a Member.
- In the case prescribed in the preceding paragraph, NITORI Group will take revocation procedure and forfeit Membership qualification from the Membership Card and/or Digital Member Certificates. The accumulated points for such Member shall become null and void due to the loss of Membership qualification. In this event, NITORI Group shall not be liable for any damage due to the loss of Membership qualification, and the Member shall return the Membership Card to NITORI Group.
12. Cancellation of Membership
- Member shall be able to relinquish Membership at any time and when relinquishing Membership, the Member shall submit a Membership cancellation form NITORI, Group’s stores, online shop or to Target stores (Membership Card shall be returned if lent). When performing withdrawal procedure from the online shop, log in and perform the specified procedure on My page. In some Target stores, it may take some time to complete the withdrawal procedure.
- The accumulated points of the applicable Member shall become null and void upon withdrawal from the Membership service.
13. Membership Inquiries
Contact the Customer Service Center for inquiries about disclosure, correction, or suspension of use of the Membership information.
(Revised on September 2, 2020)
(Revised on March 1, 2022)